Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce
Course: Main Course
- 2 chicken breasts , halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (squeeze out the oil) - use more according to your liking
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half and half
- salt/black pepper to taste
- 5-6 cups spinach leaves
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Cook chicken breast about 6 minutes on both sides (chicken will not be cooked through). Remove the chicken breasts from the heat and set aside. In the same skillet over medium-low heat, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add some sun dried tomatoes without oil. Stir for about 10 seconds.
Add chicken broth, oil from sun-dried tomatoes, italian seasoning and chicken back to the skillet, simmer and covered for about 4 minutes.
Stir in half and half, spinach and basil and simmer, uncovered for about 2 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Season with black pepper or salt to taste.